Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing. ~ John Keats

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lost In Books & Movies

Happy Wednesday! Hope all is well with everyone!  I've been a little preoccupied with some new  books I just received.... Like many of you I have a very fond love for magazines & books that have to do with the subject of interior design & decorating. 



So this is what I have been up to.... Happily sipping Tea & enjoying these gorgeous books... I'm in love with the Romantic Irish homes book... I have Great Grands that came to America from Ireland... The Gallagher's..... Ireland... A place I would love to visit someday... My Sister & Hubby honeymooned there. We have discussed it... My Sister & I decided that the whole family will travel together someday to visit where some of our ancestors were born. Who knows... we may even find a relative or two...

I also finished a book that I enjoyed reading.... The Frontiersman's Daughter... By Laura Franz  



Here's a brief summary & link to the first chapter...



Lovely but tough as nails, Lael Click is the daughter of a celebrated frontiersman. Haunted by her father's former captivity with the Shawnee Indians, as well as the secret sins of her family's past, Lael comes of age in the fragile Kentucky settlement her father founded.

Though she faces the loss of a childhood love, a dangerous family feud, and the affection of a Shawnee warrior, Lael draws strength from the rugged land she calls home, and from Ma Horn, a distant relative who shows her the healing ways of herbs and roots found in the hills.

But the arrival of an outlander doctor threatens her view of the world, God, and herself--and the power of grace and redemption. This epic novel gives readers a glimpse into the simple yet daring lives of the pioneers who first crossed the Appalachians, all through the courageous eyes of a determined young woman.

Laura Frantz's debut novel offers a feast for readers of historical fiction and romance lovers alike.

If you would like to read the first chapter of The Frontiersman’s Daughter, go HERE


I also wanted to share about a movie I just watched... BBC's North & South. Anyone that is a fan of Jane Austen will love this one.... If your anything like me... have the box of tissues handy.... Based on the novel by Elizabeth Gaskell & starring the very handsome Richard Armitage.... It's a keeper!

 
Well... there you have it! That is what I have been up to!  I just received the movie.. The Inheritance... based on Louisa May Alcott's  " lost novel " Have any of you watched it? He doesn't know it yet... but I'm going to try & recruit hubby to watch it with me tonight..  ( poor guy! LOL)



Hope all of you have a Beautiful Day Today! Sweet Blessings ~ T ♥

4 comments:

  1. T, sounds like you've been having fun! Is it getting cooler up there? Our weather is so out of whack these days, I never know what the weather will be from one day to the next - they say it's another El Nino year!

    I just go caught up with the laundry from our trip, and today I'm starting on my office/studio, trying to get it cleaned and organized (yeah, right!) so I can actually MAKE something. Wish me luck with that one!

    Enjoy your movie tonight! B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendations! I just flipped thru that Essentially French book over the weekend as a friend of mine has it, and I really thought it was good! Happy Wednesday to you...

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great to relax with a bit of reading. My bedtime book at the moment is "What's Math Got to do With it?" How Parents and Teachers can Help Children Learn to Love Their Least Favorite Subject, by Jo Boaler. Haha, my hubby works at University as a Math Educator and asked me to read it and give my feedback, nice that he appreciates my opinion I guess. I would much rather curl up with a stack of magazines like the ones pictured, I can't get enough of them...sometimes I worry that I'm getting a bit obsessive but then I'm just appreciating the creativity God has given...right?
    Have a great day,
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be honest I barely have time to read blogs....lol but I hope someday I'll have the time!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

So Sweet of you to take the time to leave a comment! That means so much to me!! Please come back & visit again soon!