Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing. ~ John Keats

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!


Hello To Everyone!!  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Celebration at my sister's house! Too much yummy food & Lot's of good company! My two older children Jessica & Brian were not able to be with us... Which makes a Mother kinda sad... But they will be able to spend Christmas with all of us! I'm looking forward to having all of my Children home with me!!  Christmas Day is on a Friday this year... So that makes it a little easier for everyone to get together!


My thoughts are on Shopping & decorating..... & Snow ♥  

Did anyone do any Black Friday shopping? We took a trip to the store early Thanksgiving to pick up a couple of forgotten items... & saw people lining up at Best Buy (electronics store)... camping out in tents!  Yes! I said tents!  I wish I had my camera with me I would have taken a picture to show you!


Did some Cyber shopping yesterday... Took advantage of free shipping & some great discounts... Now I guess I will brave some store shopping.. I usually hit the malls at least once... I love to see all the decorations...

I picked out my Christmas Gift.... New slip covered furniture from Ikea!  Since Ange doesn't live close enough to upholster my furniture... LOL!  I bought new! I got the Ektorp Sofa & 2 chairs & the ottomans with storage.. They were offering free shipping & free extra slip covers for each piece! I couldn't pass up such a great deal!!


They will take about 2 weeks to get here... Cant wait! meanwhile I need to find a good home for my other living room furniture...

Well... off to start store shopping & decorating... Thinking of a buying a White tree this year.. What do you think? Does anyone else have one?

Hope all of you have a Beautiful Week!  

Blessings!  ~ T ♥

8 comments:

  1. It just keeps getting prettier and prettier over here at your blog Teresa! I love your Christmas images!! I too have that Ikea chair in my daughter's room and I would like to get the smaller version for my living room...I guess I missed out on a good deal...

    Blessings ~

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Your darling sister left the nicest guestbook comment (my first one!) on my website...give her a big hug for me! :)
    I also didn't have my oldest home for Thanksgiving and it did make mom sad:( He spent it with his girlfriends family in NJ, with my blessing. But Christmas...he'll be home!
    Have lot's of fun shopping!
    paula:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, T!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! And the new furniture is lovely! I actually considered the Ektorp last year before I got my new sofa and chair, but found a really good deal on a Broyhill, so took it!

    As for shopping - I'm done!!! The last two arrived via the brown truck today - yippeeeee! I did about 97% of my shopping online, and with free or almost free shipping. As info, Walmart has a lot of items for 97 cent shipping. Now I've just got to brave the attic and start bringing down decorations - eek!

    Blessings, friend! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely and comfortable they look. I'm starting to regret not starting my Christmas shopping earlier. So much to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so beautiful here! Your Thanksgiving sounded lovely! I haven't been shopping just yet kiddos have kept me homebound being sick... but now I'm ready to shop and decorate!!!
    I love the look of white trees! Can't wait to see your tree!
    P.S. i'll email you...I'm having a holiday Sale Friday and Saturday.
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Teresa, you know, I could be tempted to come on over and bring my trusty staple gun with me!!!! If I could afford the Ektorp sofa I wouldn't be bothered with recovering something old,lol.
    Your blog is looking great, good job.
    I guess it's cooling down there now. Do you get snow where you are?
    Enjoy your preparations for Christmas. We head home to NZ for 4 weeks in 13 sleeps, yay.
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new furiniture! I bet you can't wait 'til it gets there. I have a white tree in my shabby den. I did a post about it a couple of posts ago. Come by and take a look. Last year was my first year with a white tree. I really like it. I think you will like having a white tree.

    Hugs,
    Lee Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Ikea sofa! I love it!

    I came over to say CONGRATULATIONS! You won the rug from Lavender Fields on my product review blog: http://myromantichomereviews.blogspot.com/ Send me your address and I will pass it on to them. cindy95131@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

So Sweet of you to take the time to leave a comment! That means so much to me!! Please come back & visit again soon!