Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing. ~ John Keats

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Great Wall Sconce Idea!!

Happy Thursday! You all better put on your Hats & Mittens.. Because it's snowing here!!!  LOL!


I just came across a Blog I wanted to share with all of you... Much To Do With Nothing..

She has some really great Ideas! & this one caught my eye!

It's about putting up Electric Wall Sconces without an Electrician.. The thought has crossed my mind several times about placing sconces above the fireplace in my Living Room.. 


Here's a couple of photos from her Blog... 




 


 What a Great Idea!!  You can see the wall plugs in the 2nd photo.. I guess you would have to get a little creative about hiding those.. If the area doesn't allow for a furniture piece to hide them..


Here's the link to her Blog & The tutorial for the Sconces
http://muchtodowithnothing.blogspot.com/2009/02/wall-sconces-without-electrician.html 

I had fun Browsing her Blog!


Sweet Blessings ~  T ♥
PS~ What do you think of the snow? Cant wait till it really snows! :) 


10 comments:

  1. Teresa, I thought you meant snow, real snow!!...then the background popped up and I said phew!! I'm so not ready for snow! but yours is pretty:)
    sconces are a cool idea, always needing a little more light somewhere in this old house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Paula I thought you meant real snow & said WHOPPEE, SEND IT MY WAY!!! Shoot! Will pop over & check this out.

    Have a beautiful Thanksgiving. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Paula... Didn't mean to scare you!!! I Love snow! As long as I can just look at it & don't have to drive very far in it! People around here turn into crazy drivers in snow!

    Marydon.. You sound like me! I'm ready & its only November! I guess I'll have to make a trip up to the mountains if we don't get any down here this year! I heard we are supposed to get lots of snow this year! I'll believe it when I see it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teresa...I also love snow, but don't like the cold temperature that comes with it! Still, I would love to have a white Christmas like I did as a kid in Chicago...those were some wonderful memories.

    Thanks for the link for the sconces...I have always loved them, but didn't want to tear up the walls to add the electrical, so this might work for my house...I'll check out the tutorial.

    And thanks for visiting and following my blog! I try to visit my faves regularly, but so often just run out of time, and I know that happens to everyone else, so if I leave comments, I don't expect to always get a reply...but I'm so glad you caught it so I could back and visit you again. I'd added you to my blog list, so we can keep up with each other...I love your blog! I love roses, tea, feminine and pretty decorating...and you have so many pretty things to see...and I'm also very, very happy to meet other Christians...that makes blogging really special to me.

    I do hope you and Marydon get your snow! I'll sit in my sunshine, and enjoy the snow when I come to visit you!

    Take care, Teresa...God bless!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love sconces...especially the old chippy ones...and I do love the snow on your blog...we've already seen a couple days of real snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Teresa thanks for the visit. Love this snow on your blog but cannot say I am too fond of the real thing. We are having very hot weather here in Australia and looks like it will continue now for months. Love your blog especially the post about the silver/mercury glass candle holders must get myself some of those as they make a lovely display - back to the packing. Have a great weekend. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. After living in the Las Vegas desert for 25 years I moved to Utah where we have the four seasons. I have to say, I do not like the snow much. Well, it's pretty to look at, but I don't like driving in it, or walking on the icy sidewalks.
    I like the sconces too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teresa I just love your new blog design and the snow is gorgeous! You have really created such a beautiful blog-I love coming to visit!
    Best wishes, Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always love DIY's and with electrians @ 95/hr I'm willing to give it a try! Thanks for the link.....though I'll have to remember for later.....still putting the finishing touches on the shop!!!
    xxx........Carole
    ps....love the new background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the great info Teresa! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

    Your blog is looking so beautiful!!

    Blessings ~

    :) T

    ReplyDelete

So Sweet of you to take the time to leave a comment! That means so much to me!! Please come back & visit again soon!