Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing. ~ John Keats

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Missing The Mountains Already!

Happy Thursday to Everyone! Well.... We came down off the mountain top Tuesday & I have to say I miss it so much already!! I will live in the mountains someday! I know I should be Very Thankful... & I am.. we live in a Beautiful area surrounded by water. But... I have never been much of a beach person. The love of mountains must be in my DNA! My Mom was born & raised in the mountains so I guess its in my blood! My Mom recently said... All your troubles just seem to disappear when your up in the mountains.... How true Mom! How very true!


A couple of posts back I mentioned we had done some antiquing while on our trip... Here is one of the antique shops we visited. Lots of goodies to look at...It's housed in a really old building they are restoring.. I bet these iron balconies were really pretty at one time..


when I asked the girl behind the counter if we could take some pics... She looked at us kinda funny. I told her the pics were for my blog... She still looked at me funny... LOL


There was an adorable little french chair I almost bought.. Good thing I didnt because we couldnt see out of our back truck window after we were all packed up for our trip back home! LOL


Here's the French style Mirror I found for $30... I plan to paint it white & I'll need to replace the mirror. Cant wait to see what it looks like after!


The 2 sweet little limoges dishes I found. I liked the one with the cabbage roses so much... I totally missed that chip on the side! ( If you enlarge the picture you can see it better) The iron hook I found at a little shop in Canaan Valley. Just today I painted it white.. It's going in my kitchen to hang a pretty apron on. (The owner of the shop.. Ginny has invited us back up in the winter to teach us skiing & snowboarding... She said.. can you believe it?! I'm 68 & still a ski instructor!! ) That would be sooo much fun!


Going to get busy on that mirror... I'll post pics when it's finished.

Hope all of you have a great night! ~ T

1 comment:

  1. Oh Teresa, sounds like you had a wonderful time! That mirror is going to be beautiful white, and what does a little chip matter when the rest of the piece is so pretty!

    That reminds me, I need to get your addy on your box so I can mail it tomorrow!

    Blessings, B.

    ReplyDelete

So Sweet of you to take the time to leave a comment! That means so much to me!! Please come back & visit again soon!